Our Quantity Surveyors are committed to providing our clients with the best cost advice from the initial cost plan stage right through to the project completion. We liaise and support our clients every step of the way to ensure a high professional service and full support throughout.
- Measurement and Bill of Quantities Services
- We are able to provide accurate and consistent Bills of Quantities (BQ) for all types of construction. Our Project BQs are tailored to each individual contractor and we have many satisfied customers. We use the latest software to produce bills in Excel and CITE format for input into Estimating software packages and all our work is quality assured and meticulously checked before issue.
- Cost Planning / Feasibility Reports
- To determine the financial viability of a project, whether you are looking to purchase a piece of land or to secure a contract we have a vast database of prices and knowledge to cost projects from early inception stage to producing detailed cost plans at pre-tender stage.
- Tender Preparation
- We are able to offer our customers, whether you are Architects, Main Contractors or private clients, advice on the most appropriate method of procurement and provide a full pre-tender (PQQ) and due-diligence service to ensure that each contractor is vetted to meet the client’s expectations prior to going out to tender.
Thereafter we produce detailed tender documentation including preliminaries, project particulars, general conditions, scope of works, bills of quantities and employer requirements for design and build. We can also supply pre-construction information which is essential under the current CDM regulations 2015. On completion of preparation, we issue the tender documentation, receive and appraise the tenders and advise the client on the most appropriate selection of a contractor.
Richard Fletcher Associates has the latest computer software for producing accurate and detailed tender documentation providing an efficient and consistent product that the client can be confident in.
- Contractor Selection and Tender Reporting
- Richard Fletcher Associates will review and do both arithmetical and omission / qualification checks to prepare a tender report for the Client with all necessary recommendations. With our knowledge and experience of the market we can provide accurate and reliable reports about contractor selection and appointment for your proposed project to ensure that the most relevant and suitable contractor is selected for the proposed project taking into account all selection criteria.
- Contract Documentation
- We have the facilities to produce all forms of standard contract (JCT and NEC) and are able to administer the contract throughout the life of the project.
- Post tender QS Services
- Preparing interim valuations to validate contractors applications for payment, attend interim site meetings, preparation of financial reports including cash flow forecasts, alerting the team if the contractor is not conforming to the original programme, certifying and agreeing variations and agreeing final account.
- Contract Administration
- Most building contracts require a Contact Administrator to be appointed to oversee the contract on the client’s behalf. This includes chairing meetings, issuing all contract documentation including interim certificates and site inspections to ensure quality workmanship and to address any defects or issues.
- Employer’s Agent Role
- Similar to the contract administrator however the Employer’s agent role is defined when a design and build procurement method is used. The Employers Agent takes responsibility on behalf of the employer to ensure that the key decisions are made at the right time to guarantee the success of the project. We can offer a full project management service or a simpler contract administrator role.
- Contractors Estimating and Tendering
- Nothing is more critical for a Contractor than ensuring that their estimates and tenders are compiled accurately. With 30 years’ experience and a wealth of knowledge to draw on, we are certain that we can provide you the reassurance that your tender bids are in safe hands.
We can offer the full service including measuring (taking off) and price labour and material estimates accurately from tender drawings and information provided, sub-contract enquiries, analysis of subcontractors to put the best price forward, undertake site surveys to make suggestions and highlight possible risks within the project and produce a comprehensive preliminaries breakdown. Our library of rates is extensive; we are always up to date with market current pricing. Richard Fletcher Associates covers all types and sizes of projects from residential to large scale industrial and commercial.