Health and Safety Consultancy
Richard Fletcher Associates employ fully qualified Health and Safety industry professionals who have extensive knowledge and understanding of the methods of safe construction techniques. We support and assist everyone that encounters the new CDM 2015 regulations and their requirements.
The CDM 2015 regulations came into force on the 1st April 2015 and now applies to ALL construction projects even those for domestic clients and non-notifable projects (less than 30 days). The new regulations place additional duties on the client to appoint a Principal Designer (formerly known as the CDM Co-ordinator).
Richard Fletcher Associates are able to undertake the role of the Principal Designer to offer a specific CDM support to Clients and Designers who require specialist health and safety advice to enable them to effectively comply with the legal duties that are placed upon them.
- Principal Designer
- Pre-construction phase – co-ordinating matters relating to health & safety during the pre-construction phase and produce a pre construction Health and Safety plan to issue to potential contractors with the tender documentation to comply with the requirements of the approved code of practice to the CDM Regulations
- HSE compliance – Submit F10 notification to the HSE to advise them of the project where necessary.
- Construction phase plan – work with the Principal Contractor in preparing the construction phase plan by providing all information relating to Health & Safety and welfare facilities, planning and management and also monitoring the construction phase plan and the co-ordination of health and safety matters during this phase.
- Health and Safety file – Compile, review, update and revise the Health and Safety file as a project progresses. Upon completion we will pass the Health & Safety file to the client to retain.
- Site Safety Inspections
- For construction clients and contractors Richard Fletcher Associates can provide additional protection from exposure to Health & Safety risks by conducting site inspections and issuing detailed reports with recommendations of compliance to ensure appropriate health and safety is being adhered to and maintained.
- Contractors Health & Safety Management
- Richard Fletcher Associates are able to produce Construction Phase plans, risk assessments and method statements as well as the production of O&M Manuals and Health and Safety Files to guide contractors through the CDM regulations and other Health & Safety legislation.